On 10/30/07, Subu_G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 10/30/07, Jasbir Khehra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On 10/29/07, Subu_G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Would be grateful for advise/feedback.
> > >
> > > TIA
> > >
> > > - Subash
> > You can also try at Ubuntu-In mailing list , maybe someone there might
> > be using the same laptop.
> > --
> > Jasbir
>
> Hello Jasbir
> Thanks - should have done that too.
> But to mention -  I am looking for not only Ubuntu issues on the
> system, but any Linux distro that matters. Am sure someone in the
> 'ilugd' would be using it!!
> - Subash

Hi!
Yesterday itself i came across this piece! Yes at 32K (its nt 34, 33 on
credit card nd 32 on cash) its awesome, with great features and cool looks.
I first installed windows on it, nd checked its capabilities.
Processor(AMD X2 dual core) is fast enough to see some really quick driver
installation
At one GB RAM, i cant spot any sort of slowness.
Screen is quite bright with almost 179 degree viewing angle.
Keypad is white, so u have to take some extra care, because on the very day
of opening the box, u'll realize that its catching dirt quickly.
Camera is just a moderate one, no extra ordinary stuff there.
The card reader reads my MMC card just perfectly, but i think that it is
only an MMC card reader, may be SD using clip.
The touchpad is moderately good, with no scroller by the side.
160 GB HDD is cool enough to carry most of the things around.
Dont know with other lappy's but this DVD RAM drive was making ching ching
while operating.
Speakers are sounding good, but not as good as one of mine!
Bluetooth is quite good, nd detected my Desktop, kept around 30 m away nd
that too not in the line-of-sight

Then i installed ubuntu fiesty fawn on it, to get this result
Bluetooth - working
Wifi - i dont have wifi setup at home, so din even bothered to check the
device auto detection.
Camera - not detected
Touchpad, ethernet, battery - working perfectly
Card Reader - din tried, but i thought, while bootin, i've seen something
like "mass storage support initialized" - so should be working by default
Sound working
NVIDIA drivers -- u have to install seperately

In short, you won't face any difficulty in installing most of the linux
distros.
And as i'ld suggest its worth buying at such price.

--
Shamail Tayyab
shamail [at] inbox.com