On Nov 24, 2007 6:31 PM, Piyush Kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Friends,
>
> I am looking for some Open Source software that can help me in setup of a
> website for a news group  in Hindi.
>
> Can anyone point me some links related to some open source softwares that i
> can use..?/

I know, Plone works and has been used in such situations.

But I want some one to correct me:

Plone is a good comprehensive fatured product.

With advent of Python v2.5++ on most community linux platforms, Zope
(on which Plone is based) is no longer available.
I am not very clear on the status of porting of Zope to Python 2.5.

Instead i am seeing a new direction at http://grok.zope.org/ for Zope.
I dont know whats happening with Plone?

Whats happening? Are we expected to see Zope3++ on Python2.5++ and
subsequent Plone with Python 2.5 support?

As it stands, Plone / Zope is not available in Fedora7 and Fedora 8.
It was in Fedora 6 and Ubuntu 7.04 but not 7.10.

There is an interesting discussion at
http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20071101.032611.b27b96d6.en.html
on this

What in summary looks like:

1. Baiju M and Nikhil N, are working on the port of Zope to Python 2.5
2. There is debate of clashes between System Python and Zope Python
3. Only way seems to run in a Virtual Environment at the moment.

Can any one update me?

anand