On 01-Dec-07, at 4:16 PM, Manish wrote:

>> I meant, can't play ogg from the website. Yes, it is weird. In my
>> mac, firefox hangs and has to be killed when it accesses that site.
>
> I kinda liked the website's purpose.  But who's the target audience
> given that it works only some specific OS's with specific browsers
> with specific plugins (this is understandable due to ogg).. or may be
> it is just a proof-of-concept/demo or have I missed the idea
> completely?

the target audience is anyone  who wants to learn any Indian
language. Unfortunately we are a foss organisation, so cannot use non-
free stuff - so we are in the soup. I am strongly tempted to use wav
or something which the janata can use. But if we do that - aren't we
throwing in the towel? On the other hand, seeing the discussion on
this and every other mailing list on how the faithful are happily
listening to mp3 and wav files I suddenly wondered why not us too?

--
regards

Kenneth Gonsalves
Associate, NRC-FOSS