On Dec 3, 2007 7:00 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 03-Dec-07, at 5:37 AM, Linux Lingam wrote:
>
> >> so its ok to shift from ogg to MP3?
> >>

> > as a matter of foss-principle, i would opposte the idea.
> > stick to ogg. write a brief intro on how to playback ogg.
>
> but when even *you* who is the guru of sound, cannot play whats on
> the site, whats the point? It will end up like gNewsence and gNouse -
> idealogicaly pure but practically useless

who says i can't. i have, or rather, had, everything very neatly configured
here under feisty. unfortunately the last few updates and patches from
ubuntu have broken my feisty. as of yesterday, it is now totally unusable,
apart from logging and logging out, i can't do anything else with that
gestating whale.
when i get back from foss.in am going to reformat and install either feisty
or gutsy. haven't heard too many rave reviews of gutsy but what the heck

[waits for kenneth to recommend mandriva :-) ]
on another parttion will install kishore's all-time favourite fedora.

:-)
niyam

> --
> regards