On 01-Dec-07, at 2:03 PM, Linux Lingam wrote:

> none was available in the indian market then. today we finally have
> choices.
> what's your ogg player? do you convert mp3 to ogg, or do you
> convert wav to
> ogg? which software do you prefer?

in the first place I dont listen to music (it's just noise to me). I
create sound files in ogg with audacity. Listen to them in konq and
other kde apps on mandriva. Is it true that wav and mp3 are
considered proprietary and that no FOSS person can listen to them? I
am having problems with arichuvadi because of this - everything is in
ogg, and no-one except Suse and Mandriva users can use it.

--
regards

Kenneth Gonsalves
Associate, NRC-FOSS