Puneet Lakhina wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a strange problem. I am using Firefox 2.0.0.10, and sometime
> while browsing, whenever I click on a link, instead of opening that
> link i get a file save dialog asking me for the location to save the
> file. So for e,g, i clicked on a link www.foo.com/start.php , I get a
> file dialog asking me where to save start.php

Many a times, this is because the script doesn't send the right
content-type to the browser. Some browsers might default to HTML in this
case. Some, like Firefox perhaps, try to be more closer to the standard
and try to download the content instead.

> I also noticed that the
> new tab shortcut(Ctrl+T) doesnt work. I have to close and open firefox
> to get everything back to normal.
>
> Any clues as to what triggers this??

If there is a plugin handling the page content, Ctrl+T doesnt work. e.g.
 adobe reader plugin, even flash plugin. This might be because these
plugins grab control of certain mouse activities, but that is just my guess.

- Sandip