/
/Apps like twitter arose because the very character of the internet changed
/because of ubiquitious server centric computing-- away from the days when
/servers were the preserve of sun, silicon graphics and dec amongst
others...
/and folks could not even think of using network based computing for
/something as trivial as sharing information about presence.
/
/Twitter, Joiku, facebook are today what these lists were 10 years back-- in
/1997... and in those days administrators were similarly kicking out people
/for misusing internet ?
/
/Why dont you instead try to explore this new world... who says one cant
/reach out to thousands one doesnt know ? if the medium allows it... then
why
/not ?
/

Ma'am,

I totally agree with you.

RAS (regn, authentication, status) was a domain of high-end VOIP protocol
stacks... costing millions and tens of millions of dollars- today these
things encapsulated in the concept of "presence" have changed the way the
younger generation works and thinks.

Your observations are very good-- Also, what do you do professionally ? if
on orkut, linkedin or facebook, use my email ID to add me.

Nalin