Hi,

Welcome to the world of Open Source. As a first exposure, you should start
with "RedHat". Once you familiar with the Operating System (linux) then
based on your choice start working on different types of flavors.

For any further guidance you can catch me on google chat.

Thanks,

Prabhat
B.E + RHCE (rel-5)