(Note: Follow-ups only to the ilugd list)

On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 20:33 +0530, Linux Lingam wrote:
[...]
> good idea, but two major issues to be resolved:
>
> a) we will all spend the rest 11 months arguing over 'open' versus
> 'free' versus 'commercial events' versus 'our own thing' versus....
>
> otoh, a simple count shows of the four events you mention, only OSI is
> called opensource. thankfully, all the other three are either FOSS*,
> or Freed, or GNUNIFY, which are all at par in their naming.
> so maybe you should consider changing OSIW to FOSSIW and change its
> agenda to match the name.
[...]

With all due respect, I strongly disagree. A rose by any other
name, and so on.

At least to me, there is a clear distinction between community
events, and others that use the word "community" as some sort
of branding to sell themselves. I am happy to let everyone
decide for themselves which events falls into what category.

Regards,
Gora