On Feb 1, 2008 10:17 AM, Sriram J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > You can find it at: 'Let them have laptops' The IndianExpress ePaper -
> > > Digital replica of Print Edition.
> > >
> > > I do not completely agree to this article.But I thought this would be
> > > good to discuss this as an precursor to freed.in and would be an
> > > interesting read.
>

> The point to consider here is wheter a laptop in the hands of an uneducated
> poor child is going to significantly alter his life.
> will it prevent him from dropping out of school or help him get a college
> degree.
We are talking about OLPC serving this purpose in two ways.
Children getting used to technology, especially *free* technology.
Now is technology helps a person get a degree or stop him from drop is
a different question.
But Technology does help bring a refreshing change to the way
education is delivered.