आशीष शुक्ल Ashish Shukla <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> ,--[ On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 07:42:44AM +0000, pj wrote:
>
> [snipped]
>
>> Within x I'd maybe mangle together xwd with -nobdrs,throwing in
>> xwininfo (applied to firefox) to extract firefox's window id from
>> it followed by convert
>
> I'll be glad if you post how to figure out, Firefox's web UI's window
> id using xwininfo, and obviously programatically :) .

Yeah, xlsclients -l -a is what I really meant. Though that doesn't list
the id of the window we want either. So beats me how you'd do it neatly
this relatively lightweight way. Though you can certainly copy the entire
display (with the -screen option of xwd), and crop the bits you want
in a rather lameass fashion.

PJ