I had a request recently from a firm in Trivandrum to try to set up
their software (Altair Hyperworks) on RHEL 3. I took fedora, assuming
that if it worked on RHEL it would on fedora too, and with some minor
tweaks in the installation script I was able to set it up on Fedora 8.
So the question is, if a software (binary) works on a given distro,
would it work on other distros too? If there are dependancies will we
be able to figure them out without having access to the source?

Thanks
Anoop