On 12-Apr-08, at 11:35 AM, Manish wrote:

>>  This is so wrong statement.
>>
>>  Man,  Go and read Cathedral and Bazaar again.
>>
>>  For rest of ILUGD crowd. FLOSS community has nothing to do with
>> microsoft
>>  and microsoft is just another properiatery software company. If
>> microsoft
>>  talks about Open source, no big deal
>>

> ROTFLMAO. *wiping tears*.  Thank you.
>
> Oh, you are serious, aren't you.
>
> Kenneth was being sarcastic, bro, because Free Software does not need
> recognition/approval from entities like Gartner[1] to be meaningful.

I was not really being sarcastic. Fact is Microsoft has changed it's
attitude towards OSS - they tried to kill it and did not succeed. If
you can't beat them -  join them. They have now decided to take over
the OSS movement and corrupt it from within. They have already got a
couple of their licenses approved by OSI and are making moves to get
on the OSI board. They will have a large presence in OSCON too. We
all saw how they bought ISO and got that crap OOXML approved as a
standard. It *is* a big deal. Go look at the photos of OSIW to see
who all are hobnobbing with M$ in India today.

--
regards

Kenneth Gonsalves
Associate, NRC-FOSS