On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 3:40 AM, Mani A <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> vaibhav khatavkar wrote :
>
> >  its giving error as :
> >
> >  $sh start.sh
> >  Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> >  com/openbravo/pos/forms/StartPOS
> >

> Yes, that I remember happened in Kbuntu-7.10 (64-bit) when I tried to
> install the latest OpenOffice (not the ones provided by Kubuntu). It
> is certainly due to something missing as I was successful in the same
> situation on my 64-bit laptop. Try other versions of Java.  Many Java
> developers do not know the difference between JRE and JDK.

The above doesnt seem like a java version issue. Looks more like a classpath
issue. I havent ever used openbravo pos so dont know how it structures the
packages. Could you post the content of start.sh?

Most java developers are IDE blitzed..no knowledge of jdk jre difference is
probably a result of that. but how is that relevant here?

> --
> A. Mani
> Member, Cal. Math. Soc

Puneet