Hi all
I stopped the DHCP effort for now and went ahead with RADVD for the time
being. I have now set up all application services(WEB, FTP, MAIL etc) to use
IPv6. I had set this up in an isolated network. Now I want to connect this
network to my institute's LAN. I want to do this for two purposes.
Primary purpose: I want these computers to be able to access the internet. I
want to do this in two ways(yes, BOTH these ways). I want to set up a server
that will forward the traffic as IPv4 traffic across the LAN. we'll only be
using conventional IPv4 internet this way.
Secondly, I want to be able to use the IPv6 internet here too. since 6to4
tunneling requires global IPv4 addresses, that is not an option. All
computers accessible to me are behind a NAT(IPv4). How can i set up things
so that IPv6 traffic can be sent over the IPv4 LAN?

Secondary purpose: Is it possible for IPv6 enabled hosts elsewhere on the
network to access these IPv6 services over the IPv4 LAN? The routers,
switches etc along the way are all inaccessible(for now). The institute lan
uses vLAN systems from cisco. i can get more details on the LAN
configuration if required. So, wat i want, in a nutshell is, tht i want a
dual stack host to access v6 services over a v4 LAN. something like
establishing my own 6to4 tunnel of sorts. Please advise on how to realize
this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I guess i haven't put enough
configuration info here. Please ask for it if any info is required to
understand the configuration.
Thank you
Navjot Kukreja

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 2:43 AM, Ashish Shukla आशीष शुक्ल <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: