On Tuesday 22 Apr 2008, Sudev Barar wrote:
> I have a network with two types of thin clients. The ones with i810
> mother boards render a java application in the browser with extremely
> small font. While all other terminals render the same application
> just fine.
>
> Apart from playing with all the settings for thin clients I have
> played with BIOS. Played with font and rendering settings of firefox.
> Downloaded and installed java6 fonts package. But there is no change.
>
> Any pointers? I do not think this is related to thin client set up
> but unfortunately I do not have hardware to test this out and I can
> not run this application anywhere else as it is running through
> vpn-wan only accessible from my site.

Not sure if this will help, but you could try changing the DPI in your X
server to a lower or higher value.  That usually fixes small/large font
issues.

Alternatively (or in addition), you can select the 100dpi fonts first in
your fontpath.  Not really a graphics expert, but I do remember one of
these fixing the small/large font problem for me.

In KDE I can also force the DPI in the Control Centre/Appearance &
Themes/Fonts tab.  Higher DPI gives larger fonts.

Regards,

-- Raju
--
Raj Mathur                [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://kandalaya.org/