On Thu, 1 May 2008 17:50:35 +0530
"Prakhar Agarwal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can we organize something like this? keep OLPC out of picture at the moment,
> just consider Ubuntu. any comments would be interesting!!
[...]

Dear Prakhar,
  In my personal opinion, I feel that ILUG-Delhi is primarily about
espousing the cause of FOSS. Despite the name, it is not particularly
focused on Linux, and even less so on any particular distribution.

However, I would strongly encourage you (and, also anyone else on this
list), to go ahead and take on the onus of organising an event along
these lines. Again, in my personal opinion, what might be acceptable
as an official ILUG-D event is an install-fest focused maybe on Ubuntu
Hardy, but with other distros (at least Debian, in my opinion) being
offered as an alternative. Preferably, find an NCR-area college to hold
this event at. Please email me off-list if you are willing to take this
on, and we can discuss it at the forthcoming ILUG-D meeting.

Regards,
Gora