On 5/19/08, Rohit Kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sunil Ghai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>  >
>  > Hi Rohit,
>  >
>  > You might be having DNS problem. Make sure your DNS servers are properly
>  > configured.
>  > What does firefox show when you enter any address? Does it keep on showing
>  > "Looking up.."? or what error ultimately comes?
>  >

> Hi Sunil,
>
>  I checked out /etc/resolv.conf.
>  I can ping the nameserver ip address in that file.
>
>  Also all browsers instantly show a server not found page.
>  None of them even lingers on the *Looking up...* status.

Hi Rohit,
Check if the  DNS servers are resolving your queries. Use dig/host or
just ping some_website.com and see if it get resolves.
You can also try to increase the size of the ping packet to check if
the router is able to properly handle bigger packets.( Some example
values 1500,1492,1460)
Use wget -d some_website.cxm to get more debugging info for your http requests.

-Jasbir