From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, May 19, 2008 at 2:46 PM
Subject: Yahoo req "UNIX/Linux" for "Tech Lead/Engineering Manager"
position for Banglore Location

Hi
We are Looking for "UNIX/Linux" for "Tech Lead/Engineering Manager"
position for our client "Yahoo" for "Banglore" location with the
following description:

Exp: 6 – 8 yrs.

Engineering Manager: ----

Overview:

Yahoo is looking for a highly motivated and capable individual to
manage the Data Protection team for Yahoo! Inc in Bangalore. The Data
Protection team provides global support to all tape backup and
recovery process for Yahoo business worldwide. Yahoo! moves hundreds
of PB of data to tape every year in datacenters all over the world.
Yahoo's backup infrastructure consists of several hundreds of tape
drives each week moving thousands of pieces of media. The Data
Protection team in Bangalore is at the very heart of this dynamic and
complex environment.

Responsibilities:

• Manage a team of data protection administrators in Bangalore who
support Yahoo!s Data Protection environment
• Provide 12x7 on-call support for critical issues and 5x8 regular support
• Interact with internal customers to provide consulting and project support
• Assist with budgeting and capacity planning
• Effectively manage and mitigate incidents through post mortems,
change management.
• Should be flexible to attend off hour meetings to interact with
customers globally and interact with global teams

Skills
• Strong People Management Skills
• Excellent Project Management Skills
• Thorough Knowledge of Backup software such as BackBone NetVault,
Veritas Netbackup, and others
• Strong knowledge of Network Appliance Filers
• Advanced knowledge of Fibre Channel technology including
Brocade/CISCO SAN Management
• Ability to refine processes with a keen sense of improving efficiencies
• Strong Unix system administration skills
• Strong troubleshooting and performance problem solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Added advantage of Design & Architectural skills

Qualifications & Experience:

BS/MS in any discipline
• 6+ Yrs of Systems Administration Experience with at least 2-3 yrs in
Storage or Backup Specialization
• Must have at least 2-3 yrs experience in leading or managing team of
system administrators or storage engineers
• Having worked in ISP/Managed Services/IT Services/Internet companies
is preferred
• Must have experience in leading large or critical infrastructure projects
• Having worked with global teams and remote teams is an added advantage
• Experience in managing mission critical systems and delivery of
services with service level agreements (SLA)
• Ability work off hours during outages and production issues.

Tech Lead: ------

Role and responsibilities:
• Manage distributed processing infrastructure and
diagnose/troubleshoot OS (Linux/Unix) and network related issues.
• Work with IT to manage hardware resources
• Coordinating developers on new product releases
• Create tools and programs to automate jobs

Required Skills:

Good knowledge of Unix/Linux, Shell /Perl Scripting

Desired Skills:

Unix/Linux Administration, C/C++ Code review, Good understanding of
open source monitoring application like Nagios

Essential Job Functions

• Maintain and troubleshoot production data pipelines and data tools
• Coordinate with IT and developers on new processes release
• Work with development team to help them create highly reliable data
applications
• Managing SLA (service level agreement) for hundreds of Yahoo data
pipeline machines
Production support: troubleshoot, report, and prioritize bugs on
operational issues with the production data pipeline
Improve and promote operational scalability and standardization
• Diagnose OS, network and storage issues
• Coordinating with IT and developers on new product releases
• Tuning hardware and software settings
• Creating and updating operational documentation: run books,
maintenance procedures
• Deployment and troubleshooting software releases according to the
operational CMR procedures

Non-essential Job Functions

• Create tools and programs to automate jobs
• Work with IT to manage hardware resources

Comments: Must be willing to carry pager and be ready to be on call
during weekends

Qualification & Experience:

- BE / B.Tech / MCA / M.Tech / MS in Computer Sciences from a reputed
Institution / University

5+ years of experience

If intrested, Please attach a copy of your Updated resume and send me
in word format with following HR-Details ASAP.

• Total IT Exp:
• Relevant Exp:
• Current Organization:
• Full time/Contractual Employment:
• Current CTC:
• Expected CTC:
• Joining lead time:
• Contact number:
• Suitable time to contact you:
• DOB:
• Current location:
• Two references on same skill set:
• Available for Scheduled F2F interview

Thanks & Regards
Vivek Singh

Recruitment Executive

Global Resourcing Division
An Innovative Service Consulting by Ex-IITians
Prasha Solution Pvt. Ltd
India

Email :- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Contact:- 011-64500939

This mail has been sent by one of the employers (Employer name: Prasha
Solutions Private Limited) accessing the services of monsterindia.com
and not by Monster. Monster is committed to protecting the privacy of
our users and our "Terms of Use" prohibits any misuse including
spamming. If you consider the contents of the mails inappropriate or
as spam, please forward this mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]