>--- On Wed, 28/5/08, Yashpal Nagar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:>How
much did it cost in India? did you check if Eee PC 900 is also
>available there? Hi,
I got the 701 for Rs 17000 + 800 (upgrade to 1GB RAM) from Tradelink Computers
in nehru place.
The 900 is not yet available. one can expect a 6month difference in worldwide
launch and here as was the case with the 701.

personally, I wouldnt buy the 900 as it is expected to cost around 30K (as
indicated by the dealer).
at 9" there are a lot of options available including the HP 2133 Mini-Note
which is also getting Rave reviews for build quality etc. I had my eye on this
but this is expected to be launched very soon (per the HP sales people)..

..

Hi,
share some info about how did you make USB stick
>bootable; people install ubtuntu even on SD cards.

I followed the instructions here
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromUSBStick
to convert a USB stick into a Hardy LiveCD
I had to buy a brand new USB stick (Sandisk) for the purpose because my older
sticks kept showing IO errors.
Please ensure you keep checking dmesg for any disk related errors when the iso
is being copied on to the disk.
I also tried with a brand-new 2GB SD Card  but that too threw up I/O
errors.

With Warm Regards,
Shivkumar
linux user no: 450769
blog: outbackwifi.blogspot.com
profile: www.linkedin.com/in/shivjags

      Best Jokes, Best Friends, Best Food and more. Go to
http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/bestofyahoo/