On Mon Jun 02, 2008 at 11:11:32PM -0400, aashish khanna wrote:
> does that mean i'll have to re-install XP?? but i guess even that won't make
> a difference becoz GRUB still won't recognize it. i want to keep the XP on
> D: and Fedora on C: and want a dual boot.

Firstly, there's no concept of C: and D: in linux or any *nix OS, for
that matter, so it would do you a lot of good to understand partitions
for now because your previous D: will now become C: for the 2nd windows
install and linux won't show any C: causing more confusion.

Now coming to the point, try to fix the MBR and boot from windows install CD in
repair mode, that should fix the windows booting problem I guess but in
the process GRUB will be lost cause windows seemingly ignores presence
of other OS's. So, then you'll have to reinstall grub, too.

--
   It seems like once people grow up, they have no idea what's cool.
                  -- Calvin