On 17-Jun-08, at 3:43 AM, Angad Singh wrote:

>> were your reply is purely off context
>>

> Thanks for enlightening me about the concept of 'thread hijacking'. I
> confess, 'I didn't know' about that rule. Agreed that it was wrong.

there is no such thing as thread hijacking. There is thread recycling
where an new subject line is put in an existing thread by a person
too lazy to start a fresh thread - there is also a variety of thread
recycling where the person starts a new subject in an existing thread
and is too laxy to even put the new subject line. And there is thread
forking where a new subject takes off from and existing thread and
becomes a subthread (like I am doing in this post).

--
regards

Kenneth Gonsalves
Associate, NRC-FOSS