[snip]
On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 3:24 AM, Mani A <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We have plenty of excellent open source s/w for the purpose:
>
> http://www.dklevine.com/general/software/tc1000/jarnal.htm
>
> http://www.adebenham.com/gournal/

[/snip]

It's the web2.0 age and we like our data to be 'in the cloud' these days and
as such, I would rather prefer an online note-taking solution, so that you
have your notes wherever you go, regardless of your platform or whether on
PC or mobile. Google notebook does a good job at that with it's firefox
plugin and it's mobile version at http://www.google.com/notebook/m. You
might consider other firefox plugins while you're at it: Zotero (a complete
researching tool, allows you to save web pages, take notes).

Going on a completely different track, the filthy rich could consider
getting LiveScribe, an amazing technology which was showcased in ths year's
JavaONE at James Gosling's toy show. It is a 'smartpen'. It records what you
write on paper inside it's memory along with your voice and can replay on
tapping on to any word you wrote down earlier. It can be programmed using
java to recognize written gestures to perform some kind of computation.
(like a built in calculator, translator, etc.) ;)

--
Angad Singh
http://angadsingh.in

"The best way to predict future is to invent it"