Angad Singh wrote:
> I thought it would be a good idea to share this with FOSS enthusiasts
> on this list.
>
> As of July 19th, 2008, Java is finally Free and Open [1] Here is Simon
> Phipp's [2] and Rich Sharple's [3] blog post on the same.

Dude, if you intend to get taken seriously, you need to drop that fanboy
grouppie attitude of yours.

Your post is not only misleading, its completely off the mark. Have you
actually read those posts yourself and do you know anything about the
icedtea project and classpath ?

Icedtea has been around for a long time, its not something that just
cropped up overnight. Also, there are a fair few issue still open
against the icedtea codebase as it exists right now, which potentially
indicate nonfree / non-completely-redistributeable code.

--
Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/ : [EMAIL PROTECTED]