On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 8:44 PM, Karanbir Singh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Anand Shankar wrote:
>> Looking for cheap USB based SIP Phone for use with Asterisk.
>>

> why usb and not Ethernet ? If it really is a phone, its going to have
> its own network stack and its own sip implementation..... so I'm not

1. I thought it would be more affordable.
2. Lesser IP Addresses required for large installations.
3. Convenient to carry the phone along and use it from anywhere in the network.

But seeing the convergence of GSM Phones having WiFi Ethernet and the
possibility of using a Soft SIP Phone, seems to be an attractive
proposition.

On second thoughts, is similar thing also possible using Bluetooth
based SIP Phones. We can have Bluetooth Access Points on the network,
that way probably cheaper phones can have sip connectivity.

Nokia N Series / E Series phones having WiFi Ethernet + SIP, are still
not affordable enough.

anand