Anand Shankar wrote:
>> you only really need a sound device so any headset will do really. :D
>>

> Actually most users do not feel comfortable using the headset in an
> office environment.

How about something like this :

http://www.saverstore.com/productinfo/product.aspx?catalog_name=Savastore&product_id=20018446&pid=9&tid=5

Ignore the SKYPE branding all over these sort of usb devices, they come
up in Linux just like a sound device would. Just set your VoIP s/w to
use that device for output / input. I've seen a few people using a US
Robotics made handset of this nature in India. There must be quite a few
more makes around.

Btw, you might want to check if the number keys and the navigation works
on Linux... or you would need to do it ( I prefer anyway ) to do this on
the linux machine in the s/w

- KB