Hi all,
I think workshop was great and would surely motivate some students towards
FOSS. What i can think of way of how to get colleges to get into some
follow-up work in this direction is that maybe we can target faculty
members rather then college as whole. I personally think if FOSS is
promoted and used extensively in curriculum itself it will bring more
people in this movement. Maybe we can target faculty members, having a
workshop for them, asking them from commitments(even we can ask them to
promote and encourage taking up projects in FOSS maybe for major projects
of final year and mini one too). I remember even we tried to introduce
FOSS as subject in our college after one such work shop but our so called
senate turned it down :( ....

regards
shantanu