On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 4:52 PM, Swapnil Bhartiya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> Dear Friends!
>
> We are glad to share with you that we are planning to celebrate the
> Software
> Freedom Day in Delhi on 20th September. We invite all the free software
> supporters to come and join us in the celebration.
>
> Venue: Sarai, CSDS seminar room
> Time: 11pm-1pm, 2pm-5pm.
>
> Activities:
> Some of the topics that came out after the initial discussions are:
>    * I. Presentations/demos
>          o (a) Free software (talk):
>          o (b) LTSP (setup):
>          o (c) FLOSS multimedia:
>          o (d) OpenOffice, Mozilla, and other common tools:
>          o (e) Getting help in a FOSS world:
>    * II. Linux install-fest:
>
> Of course we are open to suggestions from participants. And we are also
> looking for volunteer speakers/presenters for the proposed topics.
>
> Also check:
>
> http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/teams/http/softwarefreedomdayorg/teams/fsud
> --
> Swapnil Bhartiya
> http://ybfree.blogspot.com/
> Mobile: 09910956518

Hi,

I haven't been to any FOSS get-togethers yet. This might be my first.

How about having some systems running games available for visitors to play
with? Different types maybe, arcade, racing, fps etc. Linux has quite a few
which are nice (supertux, torcs, openarena etc.). That would attract some
new users and would be an excuse to bring our non-tech friends along. It
could be a side attraction event maybe?

Jeba Singh Emmanuel
  • ... Swapnil Bhartiya
    • ... Pratul Kalia
    • ... Swapnil Bhartiya
      • ... Nandeep Mali
        • ... Ajay Bramhe
      • ... Jeba Singh Emmanuel | जेबा सिंह ईम्म ेनुयेल
        • ... Ajay Bramhe
          • ... Raj Mathur
        • ... Gora Mohanty
        • ... Nandeep Mali