Hi Folks...

I have a question, and would appreciate all help/advice-- to the list or to
my unicast email id if only of interest to me.

What're your suggestions about a good server company where I can run a
drupal/wordpress install augmented with custom scripts that send many (maybe
thousands of) emails per day.

Till now, my experience with www.webhostingbuzz.com where I bought a
unlimited reseller account has been very bad-- with sometimes my site
showing up-- and then for the next 2-3 refreshes showing a error saying
"connection to mysql server could not be made". This is especially bad if
the frontpage of the site is a generated page whose PHP code involved 2-3 or
more queries-- and their customer service hasnt solved my problem yet-- even
though google analytics for last 2-3 days has been showing me just 1-2 daily
hits--- and 2-3 page views-- down from 30-40 unique daily visitors and
800-1200 daily pageviews.

I have heard goDaddy has good uptime-- but their Terms say of a 200 or so
email limit for SMTP relays.

I have a friend who says that the above limit does not apply to emails sent
through scripts--- but having had the experience of knowing you have to
configure godaddy to send script emails through different SMTP servers-- I
am not sure of my friend's "unlimited emails through scripts" comment.

What are your experiences ?

Should I buy a dedicated linux hosted server ?

Are there any bloggers who may mail me URLs to pertinent posts ?

I would greatly appreciate any and all replies, suggestions and experiences
shared.

Thanks and Regards,

N.S

ps: incase your reply is slightly OT, even then please mail-- but mail it is
a unicast to me/any interested subscribers instead of to list-- to avoid
clogging this list.