On Wednesday 08 October 2008 16:54:02 Nalin Savara wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> How are you ? Hope all well.
>
> Can someone tell me which mailing list sending/management/archiving
> software used for ilugd ?

Mailman. See the bottom of

> Also, incase I want to block mails from a specific user OR block
> specific threads from being sent to me--- how to do that ? (or is it
> not possible ?)

You can block people or mails at a mailing list level in mailman. For
personalised filters, you would need to use your own local software
like procmail.

> Also, was the software used for ilugd list a patched/modified one ?
> or is it the open source s/w just set up and used as-is without
> changes ?

Best to ask Suresh(I believe he still hosts the mail server). I think it
was a distro version of mailman originally but Suresh replaced it with
a pristine version sometime back.

- Sandip