On 10/26/08, Linux Lingam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 1:32 AM, Angad Singh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > This is great stuff. I tried it out with my home DSL connection. I
> created a
> > channel and streamed my webcam and mic to their IceCast 2 server. It
> works
> > like a charm! Their wiki suggests using VisionAir on Windows (
> > http://giss.tv/wiki/index.php/Streaming_Tools), but that is not able to
> > stream. I used VLC. You can ofcourse use Theory Streaming Studio on
> Linux.
> >
> > For someone who would want to try it out with VLC, this is the stream
> output
> > MRL format that works (for video + audio):
> >
> :sout=#transcode{vcodec=theo,vb=128,scale=1,acodec=vorb,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=shout,mux=ogg,dst=
> > source:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:8000/channelname.ogg}}
> >
> > This is great for people who cannot afford to host a video streaming
> server
> > (with IceCast) of their own - since the bandwidth requirement makes that
> > kind of hosting costly - it's based on the giss.tv network, the concept
> is
> > awesome.

hey Niyam its an excellent concept, i'm just loving it. I did not know that
it is working already. Though i'm yet to try it as my college internet has
some limitations, but it looks wonderful.
The technology allows so many users to connect to each other. I think the
next ilug-d meet should be broadcasted using GISS, so that people like me
who cannot attend them (being out of state) can also attend it virtually. ;)

Regards
--
anything weird is worth a try...

Chirag Anand