On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 10:06 PM, Gaurav Mishra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> My personal experience goes that initiating projects and continuing
> them have more effect instead of FOSS evangelism in college ,

+1. FOSS evangelism is necessary to some extent and should not be too
prolonged. Projects are the way to go.

> The days
> of installation blues are gone with likes of ubuntu and i think that
> should be not the target

I beg to differ on this. The "major" problem is still the installation part
if you see it from a Windows User perspective. Last week one of my friend
paid 500rs to a "technician" to get Linux installed on his machine. I was
shocked!! And guess what, the installation did not work!! I fixed the issue
when he told me about it(ofcourse, free of cost). My point is, people
already on Linux will not find this issue worth discussing. "Linux" the word
itself still scares away so many students, forget about installation. One
common perception is: "Humein Linux Install karna nahi aata"(We don't know
how to install Linux). Problem lies in attitude of students, especially so
called "engineering students". Just my thought.

Cheers!
--
Prakhar Agarwal
Fedora Ambassador-Delhi, India