Anand Shankar wrote:
> The proposed scenario is that on a Web server hosted on DMZ, we have
> hyperlinks. If the user out on the internet clicks on these
> hyperlinks, the application/ webpages hosted on an internal web server
> (192.168.*.*) are presented to the end user.

There are quite a few ways of doing this sort of a thing, one which I
might try first is using a proxy for the whole site.( nginx would be the
first candidate for that ). Setup a proxy around the whole website that
runs on port 80 of the DMZ machine ( lets call it A ), and then run
httpd services on A:8090, have ngingx from A:80 proxy everything through
to A:8089.

if A has connectivity to the .lan machine ( lets call it B.lan ), then
you could have nginx do url matching for specific patterns, and when
those patterns are seen, proxy the request back to B.lan:8090 [1]

If A does not have direct access to B.lan you can either use openvpn to
setup a tunnel or use ssh as a transport ( check out ssh's -L option )
to export the B.lan:8090 port over to A:8091, and config nginx accordingly.

Is this the sort of thing you had in mind ?

- KB

[1]: Best practicies, run all production services on the same port, when
run behing a proxy.