Hi All,

I have an airtel broadband connection. When I was looking through my monthly
bill today, I found that there were large downloads (100s of MBs) in my
logs; often starting at exactly the same time everyday for many days at a
stretch. I am sure I did not generate that traffic.

To ensure that my bandwidth was not being stolen through my wifi, I changed
the key on my wifi router. I also disabled all virtual servers etc on my
router to prevent incoming traffic. However, when I look at usage statistics
on the router itself, even when nothing else is running, there is a
continuous transmission of about 32 packets every few seconds. I cannot
understand why this should be the case. I have an 8 GB download limit and
even though I haven't been pushed beyond that yet, I am afraid I might be
soon.

Anyone face a similar problem?

Parijat

P.S. - Googling suggested that some people do. But couldn't find a solution.