On Saturday 20 Dec 2008, Dinesh Shah (દિનેશ શાહ/दिनेश शाह) wrote:

> When I have installed and enabled r8168 driver from RTL website even
> the dropped packet issue is no longer there.

Good.  Through what steps did you enable the driver?

> Now the issue is r8169 gets loaded at boot time even if I added
>
> # Replaced with r8168 --Dinesh Shah
> blacklist r8169
>
> in file /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist

I had the same problem with the r8101 driver; inspite of blacklisting
the r8169 would get loaded and bound to eth0.

Luckily, in openSUSE 11.1RC1, in Yast2 there is an option of binding a
specific driver to an interface.  I was able to bind r8101 to eth0.  I
have not had the chance to see which files are touched by Yast2 for
this change.

Check to see if your distro has a similar config utility.

--
Arun Khan