<snipped>

> So, below are some of the things that are done in the office in a regular
> office.
>
> ~Connect to Windows Terminal Server for remote operations
tsclient works well for Microsoft RDP.

> ~Mail Exchanging (Mail server is MS Exchange) and all other clients are
> Outlook
evolution with evolution-exchange

> ~Intranet website has issues with Firefox(Well, honestly doesn't work
on
> anything other then IE)
hmm, you are out of luck here.

> ~Extensive work in Office Suite, full compatibility with MS Office is a
high
> priority.
openoffice works good, if not fully compatible. If you are looking for
commercial support see
http://www.novell.com/products/desktop/features/ooo.html

> And some more which I may not be able to recall right now. So, could you
> please recommend the best distro which is best for peaceful co-existence
in
> a M$ dominated environment.

 Just finished migrating about 150 desktop from M$ to openSUSE. Users simply
loved it and feels comfortable. Few powerusers of MS-Office are not comfortable
with openoffice but rest have no issues at all. In my opinion openSUSE should
be given a try. openSUSE 11.0 with KDE 3.5 is recommended.My recommendation is
based on practical testing of Fedora 10, Ubuntu 8.04 and 8.10 and openSUSE 11.0
and 11.1 for a average office user.-- amit

http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/