On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Raj Mathur <r...@linux-delhi.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to completely replace the active directory and primary
> and secondary domain controllers in a Winduhs network with one or more
> Linux boxes?
>
> Excuse my vast ignorance of Winduhs, but do you need both a PDC and AD,
> or are they mutually exclusive?  How about encryption and stuff?  And
> integration with OpenLDAP?
>
> Pointers, references welcome.

If you are using samba only for windows domain authentication(and/or
file/print sharing), then it will be fine. If you want further
services like some access controls (eg. disabling client PCs USB
ports), samba will not be useful.

Experts, please correct me if I am wrong.(and suggest a solution)

Regards,
-Sudhanwa