On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 3:17 PM, Venkatesh Hariharan <ven...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Smruti <smrutiman...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 2009/1/20 narendra sisodiya <narendra.sisod...@gmail.com>
> >
> > > This link belongs to M.P. govt http://dit.mp.gov.in//incentive11.htm
> > > Firefox users are unable to see the table.
> > >

> > Don't want to discourage or anything in anyway...but is there anybody out
> > of
> > this list who even gives a damn to this compilation. If yes..then please
> > let
> > me know.
> >
> > If not then I personally don't see any good in listing these websites
> > unless
> > something substantial is done on this.
> >
> > Regards
> > Smruti
>

> I think it is useful to have such a list because it serves as a useful
> reference point. Whenever I meet officials in the government, I try to
> explain the importance of open standards.

I have observed that many gov site promote IE (a software which meant to
spread virus) by writing "*This site is best viewed in IE 5.0 and above in
1024x768 resolution*" at the bottom of the page --

Google can help to locate such site ,, for example, this query give result
of website which are under gov.in can contain "This site is best viewed in
IE"
http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=allintext:++%22This+site+is+best+viewed+in+IE%22+site:gov.in
this comes out to 43 govt pages which support IE
infact DOEACC website http://www.doeacc.edu.in/index.jsp has such note at
bottom.

If you search for the string which say "*use Window XP*" by this query
http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=allintext%3A++%22use+window+xp%22+site%3Agov.in&btnG=Search&meta=
this gives a .doc file a "Tender Notice No. IT/04/07" ofDepartment of
Information Technology, Govt. of Jharkhand
tender details are horrible , read it yourself,, :P

> A similar list on the proprietary bias in the education syllabus is at:
>
> Syllabus Review - FOSS Community
> India<http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Syllabus_Review>
>
> This is an issue that some of us are currently engaged in and this list has
> been extremely useful. More on this on my blogs at
> www.osindia.blogspot.com
>
> Venky

│    Narendra Sisodiya
│    R&D Engineer