On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 12:17 PM, narendra sisodiya
<narendra.sisod...@gmail.com> wrote:

> wow... good question...
> Let us set a definition of Computer Literate.
>
> *"Computer Literate is a person who can install (reinstall) GNU/Linux
> Distro, (like Ubuntu or Fedora) on his system and he should be able to use
> common desktop utilities like Firefox and OpenOffice. Also he should know
> some basic of Free and Open Source Software. in adddtion he should be able
> to open his PC cabinet and reasemble the PC hardware.*"
> --
Narendra,
I think you need to spend some thoughts to set a definition of what a
computer is, before going on to the definition of computer literate.
:P

Anand,
You framed the question quite nicely. And I think that the link you
gave correctly expresses the definition of the term in the context you
provided, but you might want to forego the "recommended skills" part
from that page..

Regards
Shantanu