On Saturday 14 Mar 2009, Venkatesh Hariharan wrote:
> Key sections of the FOSS manifesto (Point # 1 on FOSS in education, #
> 4 on open standards, #5 on encouraging freely shareable, FOSS based
> knowledge repositories like Wikipedia in Indian languages), have been
> strongly articulated in the BJP's IT vision document that was
> unveiled today by BJP's prime ministerial candidate, Shri LK Advani.
> [snip]

Great work, everyone who contributed and specially Venky for taking the
initiative.  Everything else being equal, a clearly-articulated FOSS
policy would definitely sway my vote towards the BJP.

Being the cynic that I am, I'm not sure how much of this would actually
see the light of day if the BJP does come into power, but given the the
choice between 2 (or n) evils, I'd rather choose the evil that at least
promises to support FOSS :)

Regards,

-- Raju
--