On Sunday 15 March 2009 09:35:54 Raj Mathur wrote:

> Great work, everyone who contributed and specially Venky for taking
> the initiative.  Everything else being equal, a clearly-articulated
> FOSS policy would definitely sway my vote towards the BJP.

Nothing specific against BJP, but do you really think that a policy
intention has in the past ever worked against market forces in a
government/economics setup which is market-driven?

Our past "friends" CPIM talked about FOSS on one hand and proudly
announced strategic partnership with M$ for state education on the other
hand.

We cannot rejoice/rely on support by political parties for pushing for
FOSS.

I however do acknowledge that the Indian contingent in the recent ISO
OpenXML saga did a very commendable job against very heavy odds. Of
course the people involved weren't government officials, but at least it
had the blessing in some way of the Indian government.

- Sandip