Gaurav Mishra wrote:
   Recently i found a dead project that met my needs in a exact way !, After
using it for few weeks and making a lot of changes and bug fixes , I
requested the mod to incorporate, communicate or atleast say hi to me , so
that i can know how he is planning to take on the project.

  But it looked like he was very busy to get bothered.

have you actually made contact with that person ? have you given that person reasonable amount of time to respond ? did you use the 'accepted' mechanism of communication for that project ? remember most people do *not* want person email about project -devel stuff if there is a -devel related mailing list. While most people will be ok with it - quite a few are not, and thats a very fair situation to be in.

There is also a good chance that the person has moved on in life and isnt really maintaining that project anymore - in which case they might be very happy to move the code and the project to you and let you carry on managing it. There are quite a few projects out there that have this sort of a 'moving from person to person' situation, eg the mutt folder view patchset project, and even tinyproxy.

--
Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/  : 2522...@icq