On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 5:18 PM, Anupam Jain <ajn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Open Linux Tech Center - Freelance
> <open.linux.cen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > http://www.sqlite.org/ is another alternative to mysql...
> >

> sqlite doesn't quite fit the same niche as mysql. But there are other
> alternatives like Postgres (http://www.postgresql.org/) and Firebird
> (http://www.firebirdsql.org/).
>
> -- Anupam

I think this is a good opportunity for Oracle to make strategic moves--
similar to Microsoft corp-- and to try to monetize many users who are now
locked in onto LAMP.

If oracle pulls it off-- it would change the way we think of LAMP-- and it
would be a multi-billion dollars per year revenue opportunity for oracle.

I wish all the people at Oracle who have this immense challenge and who see
this opportunity-- the best of luck.

Regards,

NS