On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 1:29 PM, Nishant Sharma <codemarau...@yahoo.co.in>wrote:

> GoI's policy is promoting MS Window's sales and piracy. If I listen to my
> conscience and strive for freedom, GoI wouldn't want me to talk business the
> online way!

not GoI, but the babus inside the Govt departments and their decision making
panels - who haven't envisaged such vendor lock ins. So untill we see enough
FOSS aware people inside the GoI, I wouldn't be surprised to see such
caveats. Instead would urge to keep on striving for our software freedoms,
freedom of choice and making sure more and more people are aware of the same
because  there is huge "end user" base exists in our govt offices who only
thinks "computer means windowz".

The good news is there is a change going on in GoI at many levels, their
acknowledgement of FOSS in e-governance is one of the most accurate example
of same, the interesting thing would however would remain to see its
implementation.

Regards,
Yash