On Tuesday 21 Jul 2009, Narender wrote:
> In an historic move, Microsoft Monday submitted driver source code
> for inclusion in the Linux kernel under a GPLv2 license.
>
> http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/311778/microsoft_stuns_linux_
>world_submits_source_code_kernel?eid=-255

FWIW, how is this different from other vendors submitting driver code to
the Linux kernel to support "their" product?

>From what I have read about it, supposedly it improves guest OS Linux
performance in MS Hyper-V virtualization and not the other way around.
Had they submitted kernel code to KVM to improve MS Windows performance
in Linux KVM virtualization that would be something to talk about :)

My dus paise.

--
Arun Khan