Arun Khan wrote:

FWIW, how is this different from other vendors submitting driver code to the Linux kernel to support "their" product?

From what I have read about it, supposedly it improves guest OS Linux
performance in MS Hyper-V virtualization and not the other way around. Had they submitted kernel code to KVM to improve MS Windows performance in Linux KVM virtualization that would be something to talk about :)

Well, for one, from the article, this is different from how VMWare has been operating - requiring their drivers being installed separately.

I hate to say this, but regardless of their commercial intentions, M$ chose a better path than VMware, it seems.

- Sandip