Hi,
Narender wrote:
Hi,

I need to suggest an open source alternative to MS project 2003 to our
Engineering team.

while googling i found two such open source project which are
equivalent to MS Project.

1. Open workbench , it is open source but sponsored by CA.
http://www.openworkbench.org/index.php?option=com_docman&Itemid=28

2. OpenProj 0.9.6
http://openproj.org/openproj
I have used OpenProj 1.4. It can open MS Project files without any problem but cannot save in that format. If you want to send your files to some one who has only MS Project then the work around is to save the file in XML format, which can be opened in MS Project.

If anyone has tested or used in past or using in present then please
suggest which one is good to go.

many thanks in advance.

Best Regards
--N