2009/9/29 Amit Sharma <amit_...@yahoo.com>:
> My /home is 40 GB abd tar.gz file comes to 20 GB and takes about 1 hour 10
> mins to create.
>
> My question is - Is there faster way to take the backup?

Where is the back up kept? On the same machine and hard disk? Not good at all.

Try rsync and you can put the script in crontab to backup on to
another machine or within same machine of different hard disk.

Sudev Barar

PS: Replying using bottom post/in-line post makes email conversations
whole lot easier for meaningful dialogue. Snip out what is not
relevant. Adopt this and spread the message.