Hi Rakesh,

IBM DB2 is a closed-source product. You are working on an IBM project.
IBM has recommended that you use an OS from the list.

So, even if you manage to install the product on Fedora 9, and later
if you run into a non-obvious problem, you will have to ask IBM for
help. At that time they can refuse to help if your OS is not on their
list. So its important to ask them, not us, for an opinion.

If I was in your place, I would spend my time and effort in completing
the project rather than working out why some variation of
kernel/glibc/distro works or not with which version of which closed
source product. Thats unless I was getting paid for for that.

If you are keen to work inside Fedora 9, perhaps you could use a
virtual machine (xen/kvm) running one of the OSs that IBM recommends.
I am not a DB2 expert or an IBM employee so I can't guarantee that
will be satisfactory.

And by the way, why don't you try Fedora 11 ? Its rather neat :)

Regards,
-- Pai