On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 4:02 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-li...@karan.org> wrote:
> On 10/12/2009 05:07 PM, narendra sisodiya wrote:
>>
>> I have purchased Acer Aspire 4736z, you can checkout that it is falls
>> under
>> your requirement..
>
> Just as a matter of interest, do you have suspend working on there ? and are
> you able to auto-suspend on display close, with auto-wakeup on display open
> ?
The only problem I faced is incorrect brightness applet - we cannot
set brightness , I used it for just 7 days and I lost afterthat.
I will visit NehruPlace again in near future and will update exact list here -
http://lug-iitd.org/List_of_laptop_with_preinstalled_GNU-Linux_in_India ,
> I have, a rather old now at 4 years, an Acer Ferrari 4005 and this is the
> one thing that has never ever worked for me, ever. and always been a
> constant source of irritation. It boiled down to the fact that Acer use a
> slightly offset acpi setup, and to use it a custom kernel is needed or
> atleast the relevant portion patched. And I dont want to do that, nor should
> anyone looking for a user experience.
>
> Wonder what the state of play with that is on Acer these days.
>
> - KB

│    Narendra Sisodiya ( नरेन्द्र सिसोदिया )
│    Web : http://narendra.techfandu.org
│    Twitter : http://tinyurl.com/dz7e4a